Restaurant and Bar
The Raemoir has consistently held 2 AA rosettes for its food since 1996 and with Scottish Chef of the Year finalist David Littlewood at the helm the quality of cuisine continues to be of the highest standard. An A la Carte Bar menu is available at lunchtime and in the evening and there is also a Table d’Hote option in the dining room every evening. Non-residents are more than welcome for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Our afternoon teas are very popular. We can provide anything from a cup of tea or coffee with homemade shortbread to a more sumptuous offering including sandwiches, scones with homemade jam and Champagne. Pure indulgence.
Meals are served in the bar, drawing room and dining room with all rooms having log fires and views over the grounds. Al fresco dining is also available, weather permitting, and with an aspect overlooking the front lawn and Scolty Hill beyond there is a chance you might see anything from our resident family of woodpeckers to helicopters landing.
Please contact us if you wish further information on themed evenings, menus and outside catering.
Samples of our menus are available to download here:
Local produce and Awards
Many hotels and restaurants note that they have “Award Winning Food and Chefs” although not many actually elaborate any further. Regulars at the Milton Restaurant will know that it was the first on Deeside to mention on the menu the provenance of our local products and suppliers so I thought it might be interesting for our Raemoir diners to know who our chefs are and what awards they have achieved.
Executive Chef David Littlewood - David started at the Milton in 2006 and quickly demonstrated his skills in the kitchen. His Blumenthal tendencies seem to be evolving at an alarming rate and we now have liquid nitrogen containers in the kitchen! Anything “different on the menu is usually well worth trying...
- Masterchef of Great Britain
- Scottish Chef of the Year 2009 and 2011 Finalist
- Grampian Chef of the Year 2007 Winner
- Grampian Young Chef of the Year 2002 Winner
- Scottish Culinary Championships 2003 Silver
- ‘North Sea Cup’ (Scotland v Norway) 2002 Bronze
- Scottish City Chef of the Year 2006 Finalist
- Scottish Junior Culinary Team 2002-2004
- Word Grand Prix 2003 Team Gold Medal
- Junior Culinary World Cup 2002 Scottish Team Ranked
- World No.1 with Gold Medal and 1st Place
Head Chef John Chomba - John hails from Kenya, has been with us since 2007, and is a valuable right hand man
- Masterchef of Great Britain
- Highland Seafood Chef of the Year 2004
- Grampian Chef of the Year 2008
Sous Chef Alex Hay - Alex came to the Milton in 2007 and quickly proved that the commercial kitchen is not just a man’s world. This was demonstrated beyond doubt when she won the Grampian Chef of the Year 2011 title in May against very stiff competition!
- Grampian Young Chef of the Year 2009 (3rd)
- Grampian Chef of the Year 2010 (3rd)
- Culinary Arts 2011 (semi finalist)
- Grampian Chef of the Year 2011 Winner
- Grampian Pastry Chef of the Year 2012
Chef de Partie Sam Ritchie - As promised, another award winner! Sam won the Grampian Seafood Chef of the Year 2011 and has joined us from the highly respected Cock and Bull Restaurant.
- Grampian Seafood Chef of the Year 2011
- Grampian Chef of the Year 2012